People Pay Terms and Conditions
P2P (Person-to-Person) Payments Agreement
The following Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) apply to our P2P (Person-to-Person) Payments service.
By accepting this Agreement and by using P2P Payments, you agree to all the terms, conditions and notices contained in this Agreement and accept responsibility for your use of P2P Payments. Please read this Agreement carefully before accepting. We may amend these terms, and modify or cancel services and features we offer, from time to time without notice, except as may be required by law.
Any Account accessed through this service is also subject to the All About Your Accounts Agreement and Disclosure, which you should review carefully, as it may include transaction limitations and fees which might apply to your use of P2P Payments.
Definition of Terms
P2P (Person-to-Person) Payments means the service which allows you to send funds to an outside email or cell phone number with instructions detailing how the contact can get the money sent. The recipient determines the bank where the funds will be deposited.
To be able to use the P2P feature with Avidia Bank Mobile Banking you must be a resident of the United States, be 18 years or older.
Transaction Payment Limit: $1500.00
Daily Payment Limit: $ 1500.00
You may view your transaction history by logging into Internet Banking and looking at your Account History. Your history is also available through statements and the periodic statements we provide you.
How to Notify Us of Unauthorized EFT, Lost Device, Error or Inquiry
- You agree to notify us immediately if you believe your user name, password, or PIN has become known or an unauthorized transaction has occurred involving your Account. Please call 1-800-508-2265 or email us at [email protected]
- You must include the following information: Your name and Account number; a description of the error, loss and/or EFT that you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and, the dollar amount of the suspected error or unauthorized EFT.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 Business Days.
- We must hear from you no later than 60 days after the date we send the first statement on which the problem or error appeared.
Financial institution’s liability
If we do not complete a Transfer to or from your Account, on time or in the correct amount, according to our agreement with you when you have properly instructed us to do so, we will be liable to you for your losses or damages caused as a result. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your Account to make a transfer.
- If a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the Account.
- If your Account is closed, or if it has been frozen.
- If the transfer would cause your balance to go over the credit limit of an established line of credit or the credit limit for any credit arrangement set up to cover overdrafts.
- If you, or anyone authorized by you, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
- If any electronic terminal, telecommunication device, or any part of the internet banking electronic fund transfer system is not working properly and you knew about the problem when you started the Transfer.
- If you have not properly followed the on-screen instructions for using P2P Payments.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, interruption in telephone service or other communication lines) prevent the Transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- In addition, we will not be liable to you if you fail to correctly identify by name and e-mail address or mobile number a recipient of the transfer. We may rely upon the e-mail address or mobile number to make payment, even if it identifies a financial institution, person or account other than the party named as the intended recipient.
We do not currently charge a fee for P2P Payments. However, you will be responsible for any excess transaction fees that may apply to your Account. Standard messaging rates apply.
We will notify you of any changes, fees, or other information about P2P Payments, if required by law. Notices required to be given by us under this Agreement or by law may be sent electronically or in writing and mailed to you at the mailing address that we have on file.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, P2P Payments service providers, and licensors harmless from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from (a) a third party claim, dispute, action, or allegation of infringement, misuse, or misappropriation based on information, data, files, or otherwise in connection with the service; (b) your violation of any law or rights of a third party; or (c) your use, or use by a third party, of P2P Payments.
This Agreement, as it may be amended from time to time, together with any other disclosures or documents provided to you about your P2P Payments service and Accounts, contains the entire agreement between you and supersedes any other or oral communications and previous agreements, if any, with regard to P2P Payments.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable federal laws and the By-laws of Avidia Bank as they now exist or may be hereafter amended.