Password Requirements for Business Express Internet Banking
The following password requirements apply to all Business eBanking users.
- Must be at least eight characters in length but no more than 12.
- Must include a combination of two of the following types of characters:
- Letters—A through Z, upper and/or lower-case. Passwords are not case sensitive.
- Numbers—0 through 9
- Special characters—Pound (#), dollar ($), or at (@).
- Cannot include more than three consecutive identical characters. For example, [email protected] is not allowed but [email protected] is.
- Cannot be the same as the associated user ID.
- Cannot be one of 15 previously used passwords. The exception to this requirement is temporary passwords issued by Business eBanking Administration role users and the financial organization.
Please also remember:
- Users will be locked out after three consecutive failed login attempts.
- Passwords must be reset every 90 days.
- Inactivity time-out is 20 minutes.
- To help you create stronger passwords and keep them safe, Microsoft has excellent resources such as a page dedicated to creating strong passwords.