Paypal Terms and Conditions
The PayPal.Me service (“Service”) is provided to you by PayPal Inc. (“PayPal”), and allows you to create a personalized PayPal.Me URL (”PPM Link”), which allows you to create a personalized PayPal.Me page that will allow others to find, recognize and transact with you (each a “PPM Page”). Your PPM Page will display your PPM Link, name or business name, profile picture or logo, and the city associated with your PayPal account (“PPM Details”). Your PPM Details will be visible to anyone visiting your PPM Page so that they can more easily verify that they are sending money to the right recipient.
Sharing Personal Information through the Service
PayPal.Me is a social feature that enables you to transact with peers more easily. Other PayPal users may be shown your PPM Link if they sync their address book and you are listed among their contacts, or if they attempt to send you money within PayPal by searching for your PPM Details or PPM Link.
WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO THE SERVICE, YOU AUTHORIZE PAYPAL TO PUBLICLY DISPLAY YOUR PPM DETAILS, PPM LINK(S) AND PPM PAGE(S) AND UNDERSTAND THAT THEY WILL BE VISIBLE TO ANYONE ACCESSING THE CORRESPONDING PPM DETAILS.
You can update your preferences and turn off your PPM Link at any time by adjusting the settings in your PayPal account online or in the PayPal App. If you turn off your PPM Link, your PPM Link, PPM Page and PPM Details will no longer be publicly findable and you cannot use your PPM Link to receive funds through PayPal.
Personal or Commercial Purposes
When you sign up for the Service and set up a PPM Link, you will be asked to specify whether the primary use of your PPM Link will be transacting with friends and family (“Personal” use) or receiving payments from customers for goods and services (“Commerical” use). While you can reclassify a Personal PPM Link for Commercial use, and may be able to reclassify certain Commercial PPM Links as Personal, YOU MAY NOT USE A PERSONAL PPM LINK TO RECEIVE PAYMENTS FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES, NOR MAY YOU USE A COMMERCIAL PPM LINK FOR PERSONAL TRANSACTIONS.
If you have a PayPal Business Account, any and all PPM Links associated with that account will be identified as Commercial PPM Links. If PayPal determines, in its sole discretion, that you have received payments for goods and services on a Personal PPM Link, PayPal may retroactively charge you the appropriate fees and prospectively reclassify the PPM Link as Commerical. Please review the PayPal User Agreement for information on how fees are assessed.
PayPal.Me User Guidelines
In addition to complying with the Agreements, we’ve established a few ground rules for you to follow when using the Service.
You MAY NOT provide your PayPal password or other credentials to any other person to enable such other party to manage your PPM Link(s), nor may you use any other account holder’s username and password to do the same.
In addition, you MAY NOT ENGAGE in any activity, post any content, or register and/or use a URL to establish a PPM Link, which is, or includes material that:
- is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or proprietary rights of PayPal, any other PayPal user, or any third party;
- includes your password or purposely includes any other user’s password or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading; or
- violates or conflicts with the Agreements, as determined by PayPal.
You acknowledge and agree that violation of any of the above may result in the immediate termination or suspension of your PPM Link(s) and or PayPal account(s). You also agree that PayPal may reclaim your PPM Link for any reason.
PayPal reserves the right to update these terms and conditions in its sole discretion, for any reason, by posting an updated version of these terms and conditions at https://www.paypal.me/pages/terms. Updated terms will be effective as of the date of posting and your continued use of any PPM Link will constitute your acceptance of the updated terms.
You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of PayPal’s services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a violation of the PayPal User Agreement.
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
- relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f) are associated with the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, (g) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (h) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, or (i) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption.
- involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
- relate to transactions involving any activity that requires pre-approval without having obtained said approval.
Activities Requiring Approval
PayPal requires pre-approval to accept payments for certain services as detailed in the chart below.
|Section||Category||Item or Service Requiring Pre-Approval (not intended to be an exhaustive list)||Contact Information|
|1||Transportation||Airlines and scheduled or non-scheduled charters/jets/air taxi operators.|
|2||Charities / Non-Profit||Collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organization.|
|3||High Value Items||Operating as a dealer in jewels, precious metals and stones.|
|4||Payment Facilitator||Providing payment services which would fall under the definition of a money service business or an electronic money institution. Services would also include the sale of stored value cards and escrow services.|
|5||Investments||Buying, selling, or brokering stocks, bonds, securities, options, figures, commodities, contracts for difference/forex, mutual funds or an investment interest in any entity or property.|
|6||Gambling, Gaming, Prize Draws and Contests||Activities involving gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to property/real estate prizes, casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, fantasy sports, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not legally defined as gambling) and sweepstakes, if the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.|
|7||Cryptocurrency||Any digital representation of value that can be digitally traded, transferred, or used for payment, including, but not limited to, crypto currencies, virtual in-game currencies, or non-fungible tokens.|
|8||Prescription Items||The sale of any product(s) requiring a prescription or prescription dispensing
|9||Telemedicine Services||Providing medical services and consultations in a remote fashion|
|10||Mature Audience Content||Any adult content delivered digitally including video on demand (VOD) and web-cam activities. PayPal may be restricted from processing payments in certain jurisdictions for adult DVD’s, magazines and other adult themed products or services|
|11||Online Dating||Any dating services that enable individuals to find and introduce themselves to new people with the goal of developing a personal or romantic relationship.|
|12||Live Streaming/Broadcasting||Any activities in which people transmit video, voice or text content in a live environment with the potential of user interaction|
|13||File-Sharing||Providing file sharing services including cyberlockers and similar remote digital file sharing services where uploaded content is accessible to the public or the service pays uploaders for content||For general questions, please refer to our Help Center|
|14||Alcohol||Selling alcoholic beverages|
|15||Tobacco||Non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes, cigars||If you have questions about obtaining a pre-approval or opening a new PayPal Business account that offers services requiring pre-approval, please contact our Sales Team.|
|16||Medical Items or Services||All items classified as medical devices, and all services or treatment provided by a person or organization holding itself out as a provider of health-care services, including, but not limited to, all health-care services for which government licensure is required in the provider’s jurisdiction or in the jurisdiction where services are being provided.
This category includes “Medical Tourism” involving medical services to be provided to a patient outside of that patient’s home country.
|17||Multilevel Marketing and Direct Selling Organizations||Direct Sales Organizations (“DSOs”) and the Multi-Level Marketing (“MLMs”) are distribution and marketing models in which products or services are sold via a network of independent distributors or representatives. DSO and MLM models rely on personal sales and frequently require the independent distributors to recruit new distributors in order to advance within the organization or gain incentive compensation.|
|18||Marketplaces||Solution where third-party sellers can sell their products or services to customers.|
To learn more a bout the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help Center
Violation of the Acceptable Use Policy
We encourage you to report violation of this Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal immediately. If you have questions about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, or wish to file a report, you can do so here.