Avidia Bank is ready to assist you with the Loan Forgiveness process under the Paycheck Protection Program. According to current PPP Loan Forgiveness guidance, all PPP borrowers are required to submit a PPP Loan Forgiveness Application to the SBA. Please see the resources at the bottom of this page for details.
Click here for updates to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Flexibility Act that extends the payment deferral period and other updates to the terms of your PPP loan.
We have created an easy to use portal for you to complete the application and upload the required information set forth by the Small Business Administration (SBA). You can access the online application directly by selecting the Apply Now button.
You will need to have the following information to gain access to the online Loan Forgiveness application portal (link provided at the bottom of this page):
- Your business Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Your Email Address
- Your PPP Loan Account Number and Loan Amount
- Can be found on the executed SBA PPP Loan Note
- If you need a copy of the executed PPP Loan Note, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Can be found on the executed SBA PPP Loan Note
The application portal is intuitive and will guide you through the process. You will have the option to save any progress you make and return to the portal to finish your application later, if needed. You may view a brief video about the loan forgiveness application portal here.
Along with completing the online application, you will need to upload one or more supporting documents verifying the eligible cash compensation and non-cash benefit payments from the Covered Period or the Alternative Payroll Covered Period and documentation verifying existence of the obligations/services prior to February 15, 2020. See application link for more details.
What you need to know to complete the Loan Forgiveness Application:
- The SBA has stated that you may apply for forgiveness any time within 10 months of the last date of your covered period. You may want to wait until the end of the covered period or when you have used all the funds you expect to use on expenses eligible for forgiveness to apply.
- Once you apply, we will review your application and supporting documentation to submit to the SBA. Upon our review, we will send you the completed loan forgiveness form to you via email for your electronic signature.
- You can expect an update from your loan officer no later than 21 days after your application is submitted. You will be contacted if additional information is needed and you will be able to check the status of your application by logging into the application portal at any time.
- The SBA makes the final forgiveness determination and will issue the forgiveness proceeds within 90 days of our submission. We will notify you of the SBA determination upon receipt of notification from the SBA.
- The SBA has final decision-making authority on the amount to be forgiven and a copy of the SBA Payment Confirmation Letter will be made available to you in the loan forgiveness portal when it becomes available.
The Borrower must retain the following documentation in their files for six years after the date the loan is forgiven or repaid in full and permit authorized representatives of SBA, including representatives of its Office of Inspector General, to access such files upon request for all records to the Borrower’s PPP loan.
- Documentation submitted with the PPP loan application.
- Documentation supporting the Borrower’s certifications as to the necessity of the loan request and its eligibility for a PPP.
- Documentation necessary to support the Borrower’s loan forgiveness application.
- Documentation demonstrating the Borrower’s material compliance with PPP requirements.
SBA has mandated that banks be responsible for reviewing, accepting, and submitting the PPP loan forgiveness applications and supporting documentation to the SBA for forgiveness. In order to avoid a conflict of interest, Avidia Bank may provide only limited assistance in completing information or calculating data on your PPP Loan Forgiveness Application. You should check with your accounting, payroll and/or tax professional should you need additional help.
**Please note that Google Chrome is the recommended browser for accessing the forgiveness portal.**
Information regarding PPP loan forgiveness found on this page is based on that which has been released by the U.S. Treasury Department and SBA. PPP loan recipients should stay informed of the latest information released by these agencies using the resources below.
Forgiveness Application Forms & Instructions:
The links to these forms are being provided here for reference only. You will submit your forgiveness application electronically by clicking on the "Apply Now" link provided above.