February 24, 2021
Fraud Prevention at Your Fingertips
5 Ways Avidia Mobile Banking Can Help You Protect Your Money
There’s only one you.
Yet fraudsters are always working to change that – whether they’re sending phishing emails, attempting to steal debit card numbers, or even diving in dumpsters (gross!).
That’s why, now more than ever before, you need to protect and monitor your finances. Fortunately, you have a tool at your fingertips that can help you – your mobile banking app.
Avidia Mobile Banking offers some great features and tools to help you protect your money. Here are five:
1)Personalized transaction alerts. It’s long been said that knowledge is power. If you know the activity in your accounts, you have the power to prevent fraud. Our Mobile Banking app lets you set personalized alerts for card and other types of account activity. You won’t just be notified about specific transactions; you’ll also have the ability to block certain transactions based on parameters you set. For example, you can block card transactions by dollar amount or type, such as online purchases.
2) Card controls. If you think your Avidia debit or credit card is lost or stolen, you have the power to temporarily turn your card off with card controls. Then, if you find your card, you can turn it back on.
3) Multifactor authentication. To stop unauthorized users from accessing your accounts, the Mobile Banking app offers multifactor authentication. That means if a user attempts to log in to your account with a phone number or IP address we don’t have on file, we will text you a confirmation code to the mobile number we do have on file.
4) Biometric ID. Mobile Banking offers biometric ID (such as Touch ID and Face ID), the highest level of protection against unauthorized login. For added protection, you can choose to use a combination of a password and biometric ID. Whenever you create passwords, make sure they are difficult for others to guess, easy for you to remember, and include special characters. Also, change your passwords regularly.
5) Savvy Credit. The Avidia Mobile app now offers Savvy Credit, which allows you to monitor your credit on a live-time basis.* You can see your full credit history and even file a dispute right from your mobile device.
There’s only one you. The Avidia Mobile Banking app gives you the power to keep it that way. Download it today.
* THIS NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY LAW. Read more at FTC.gov.
You have the right to a free credit report from AnnualCreditReport.com or 877-322-8228, the only authorized source under federal law. Take me to the authorized source.